Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beggers

I always think why we see lot of beggars in India, near the temples, on the roads, near signals. Don't you think we are the people who make them grow more in numbers? We encourage them to beg since we all are good hearted people who have money at least to give them. Whenever we see mother with a baby, when we see old age person, when we see handicapped person, we do give them money why? We think that he can at least have some food. Do we know how many make use of that money? No one knows what they will do from that money. Some might buy food, some might drink, etc., I feel so bad of their situations to beg. I feel they can earn and live but no, they want easy life. There are instances where parents send their children for begging, even we see they put the child on the footpath and make people put money. When I visit few temples, I really feel no one is there to control this. Few beggars even come and hold your legs, disgusting is isn’t it.

Once I met a friend of mine who took the small boy who was begging with him and got him the food. I was wondering what was he up to. He said "if I would have given him the money he might have misused it that why". There was a smile on my face. Yes we learn every day, every moment. That day I decided, if I am going to help in the same way.

Hey, whenever you give money to any beggar think ten times. There are several organizations which are into helping poor and need ones. Either contact them or get them food instead of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment